Weekends.



Yesterday around 11 AM, I started noticing several tweets of happiness and optimism due to the beautiful weather.
The fashion people tweeted and re-tweeted that one had to get out of the house, wonder the streets, sit on a terrace and wear something light and fashionable for such occasion.

The weather was talking to a specific group of people telling them,
- “It’s a beautiful October day, so look beautiful and act beautiful”

I am not part of that specific group of people.

I am actually part of the other group - and the weather was telling us - to put on our smiles, our endurance and our tennis shoes. It also told us to grab the helmets, grab the bikes and head to the park with our kids.

The weather was telling us that our children - had in fact, one golden opportunity - to go out in their bikes before the fucking cold weather hits the City.

So we headed out.
Grabbed endurance, grabbed it all.

The bike saga it’s sort of predictable, Juliana falls constantly and refuses to wear pants.  She is the only girl riding with a skirt, thus getting hurt easily.

Diego refuses to ride his own bike, he wants to ride Juliana’s – and this actually becomes quite a long battle.

And yesterday, the father of the kids borrowed my friend’s scooter, so surprisingly, He – unlike the kids and the mother - had a blast.

Saturdays and Sundays belong to our offspring.
We have to hit the playground and pretend to enjoy their achievements at the monkey bars. We have to carry around scooters, helmets, balls, toys and all this shit that most probably, they will end up not using.

And I always, for some reason, end up with bruises.
I am like,
- “When did I hit myself? Oh I remember now… it was when the bike fell on top of me, as I was trying to unhook it from the stupid and minuscule bike room in our building.

Sometimes I envy the specific group of people that just get to be beautiful on a Saturday like yesterday.

I want to have one those weekend days for my upcoming birthday.

Sadly, this happens in November and wearing a light coat, destroys half the fantasy.

Anyway.
We are people with kids.
And deep inside (very deep), this actually makes me smile.






1 comment:

  1. Hay que corregir en la descripcion de mujer, esposa etc. LO DE EMPLEADA....ahora self emoployed!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.