Juliana.



I went to pick up Juliana from school yesterday and before saying Hello, she asked me,
- What have you been doing today? Do you have a new job?

I said,
- Not yet. But I will.

She questioned me further, what kind of job? at what kind of place? 
Looking to simplify the whole thing (which is too fucking complicated even for me) I told her,
- I will be doing exactly what I was doing at my office when I was working with M. But now, I will do it on my own.

She looked worried when I said this and replied,
- But if you do it on your own, without M, who will pay you money?

That girl never ceases to amaze me.

I smiled and reassured her that I would figure out a way to get “money”
She looked satisfied with my answer. 
Then she just grabbed my hand and we walked home.

Through my daughter’s eyes I am kind of perfect.
It’s crazy, I know, because I am indeed, far from perfection.
But Juliana believes I am this powerhouse of a woman that is just simply beyond belief.
It’s no laughing matter for it does put a lot of pressure on me.

She thinks I'm an artist.
She thinks I'm great, funny, smart, pretty and she also believes that I have all the answers.
She thinks I'm the most fashionable too.

She thinks I'm simply the best Mom in town.
And it makes me happy most of the time, but it also saddens me.
I want to try and keep up.
Get a little bit closer to this fabulous description of a woman, that she sees through her 6 year-old eyes.
Because it won’t be long before she changes her mind.

No one loves me like Juliana.
No ones looks at me like her.
She sees a miracle instead of a very flawed mother.

But one thing she does with her eyes,
She keeps my motor running at full speed.
And for this, I will be forever grateful.

I love you.
Cabrona niña de mi vida, no soy nada sin ti.
Without you there’s simply no Sofia.




2 comments:

  1. WOW; felicidades! no todo mundo se da cuenta cual es su motor y de los maestros que son los hijos, los padres, los hermanos y en general la gente que te toca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.