Women rock.

 
(This is Slap this morning, just now, thinking about all the women I love)

Am I a feminist? Am I really someone that could be labeled as such? I’m not sure - I guess I am in part - but I don’t like labels. However, I must say that I do love being a woman.

I love it, I love it, I love it.
(I love that I’m not a man).

There are women out there who don’t fully grasp the power and the beauty that lies in being us.
This is a reminder for you girls,

We hold this life in our bodies, in our minds and in our hands.
We have the amazing privilege (if we choose) to carry and bring life into this world.
Our bodies have amazing powers, women have curves, breasts and soft skin that entice, command, and fascinate.
We are caring, nurturing, and we love passionately. Women raise families while, running companies.
Women dare to dream like no man can – unapologetically we go after what we want and what we need -- and we can do so in very high heels.

I love that we have no fear of crying or being considered weak.

I love that we can change our hair whenever we want.

I love that we can wear dresses, uncomfortable sandals and skirts.
 
I love that we can sit with our legs crossed for hours and feel comfortable.

I love that we are intuitive and that we have a sixth sense.

We are givers. We give love to our children, our partners, our family and our friends.
We are fascinating, wise, passionate, purposeful and creative.

We are builders, we fix what’s broken, we love long and hard, we are kind, we forgive, we forget, we play the roles life forces us to play and we are healers.

These are a few of the reasons why I think women are spectacular and looking at this list, I can’t help but believe in the God who created us.

This entry is for all the amazing women I know, the ones I met many years ago, the ones that belong in my family, my Grandma, my cousins, my aunts, the ones I just met recently, my present dear friends whom I love, my daughter whom I adore and mostly my Mom, the woman I admire the most.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.