Thank God Mother's Day is over.

My friend Al thinks I am crazy for hanging out with my kids without the company of another adult – or worst yet – the company of other kids.

She has a pretty good point.

On Saturday night as we were both eating dinner she asked me what I did during the day,
I said,
- “I took the 3 scooters and the three of us scooted to the West Village and had lunch at Corsino, It sounds lovely but it was fucking exhausting”

As I hear myself say the word “exhausting” I feel like an idiot. It was beyond exhausting, it was like an ongoing loop of the whining national anthem. Juliana complained every minute of the journey, which lasted 5 hours. She complained about the heat, the helmet, the shoes, the leggings, the scooter, the wheels of the scooter, the height of the scooter, she complained about the food, the juice, she complained about the blisters in her hands caused by the monkey bars, she complained about Diego riding in my scooter, she complained about my lack of understanding, she complained about every fucking little thing that happened between leaving home and coming back.

So, between the carrying of Diego and his scooter (he got tired too fast) while maneuvering my own scooter (which is damn heavy) and addressing Juliana's complaints department, it was a little too much.

Al says to me,
- “Why the fuck do you do this to yourself?”

And continues,
-“That’s why I always tag along with friends, my kids are much better that way”

It’s true, I’m the queen of boycott.

The next day to celebrate Mother’s Day (sans husband again), I took my kids to Coney Island. Of course this was more their celebration than mine, but that’s another story.

However I took them with my friend Andrea and her kids.
And Juliana didn’t complain much.
At least not enough for me to even remember, which is kinda new.

But also having an adult handy to just say “kill me now” from time to time, does help. Oh yes it does. 

I might start changing my ways from now on.

Anyway,
Happy Mother’s Day, mothers.
Who the fuck celebrated that stupid holiday?
Not me.

… Not me.

2 comments:

  1. No, I dont!

    I was a late bloomer as you may know. And for the very first time in 1997 I had a kid to celebrate a day that went by years before, without knowing the meaning exactly. (-Unless for my own mother of six-) So I enjoyed it very much. Felt special. I got to "that " kind. The MOTHERS! And when my ADHD litle kid was kicked off the school on mothers day festival when he was less than 2 years, I understood the other part of being a mother.The mother of the bitted kid shouted to us..."your son is an assassin" and of course I turned around looking for someone else. Never again....the rest of his life I was the one. The Mother!

    So having a day to let the people around express how much they appreciate your work as mother, is good.

    I like it.
    And this time I had the most beautiful mothers day. I had my mother just for me. I took her for lunch to a fancy and expensive restaurant with my husband, and she drank a tamarindo margarita and was happy pretty soon. She is 88 and missing a tooth (in process of getting a new one) so she did not want to show it and it was so funny. She ate all the food she like very much, old mexican cuisine and showed her appetite. My son is good and ok in the boarding school in the EEUU. and I felt proud of being a mother also, but having still my mother and showed her the apreciation of a family of 6 sons and daughters, 13 grand children and 20 gran grand children. Couldn't be possible without her.

    Thanks God we still have her around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been using WriteRoom{ but honestly, I like Ink for All's advanced accessibility functionality better|. I have to admit that Ink for All's advanced accessibility interface is perfect for me and my ADHD|... Recently, I've been writing in Ink for All, I honestly like this one: http://bit.ly/2DWi1K9

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.