In denial or not? Work life has evolved...


I really don’t miss the office life.
I don’t.
Or at least it feels like I don’t. But sometimes I wonder if I’m on denial.
I’m not one of those persons that goes around blindfolded (to say the least) I usually see the truth as it is and my feelings come out with full-blown explosions.
That is why I really had to stop for a second and ask myself, do I miss the office life?
The waking up and running to the office, the sharper outfits, the lunches in my desk, the aisle chats, the aisle laughs, the politics, the clients screaming, the deadlines… do I miss it?
I guess I miss some of it.
I saw Marica this morning after having breakfast at the dinner and before heading to my office – to my one-single-person office – I miss having company.

I wanted Marica to come with me.
I just found this picture of me sitting in my office of 12 years - the one that I said goodbye to - last October.



I look at that woman in the picture and I look back at the same woman (now) sitting here, in her silent office filled with sunlight.

Many things are the same but there's definitely less noise around here and I’m not wearing heels. I am wearing Converse’s. I have no major phone calls or meetings, I do have deadlines but I am ok with it and I will have time for yoga at 1 pm.

You know what?
I am happier now.
Here.
(But I do miss you Marica…)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.