Year of the dragon


Every once in a full moon I take a breather from my running and I pause to seek a bit of wellness and/or spiritual peace.
I seldom do it (let’s be honest) - but I’m so lucky that sometimes this wellness and spiritual path kind of finds me – I think the forces of nature somehow seek to help me out, God knows I do need such help.
Oh yes he knows.

This is the year of the Dragon and it has been predicted that it will be the year of great change. 
For me such change has already begun - and it’s a great feeling – except for one glitch, it’s been two weeks into the year and I haven’t done yoga, eaten enough greens nor I’ve visited the gym.
This is probably a bad way to begin. 
So I'm officially worried. 
Kinda.
And then today, this list from a major yoga teacher in NYC found me.

The Wellness Collective top 3 tips for 2012. 

1. Eat more dark, leafy greens – Drink more water – Sleep longer.
2. Be swift to love – Live every day as if it were your last – Work to heal your wounds.
3. Find work you love that is also profitable – Learn how to be an entrepreneur – Prioritize paying off your debt.

The debt thing in my case is set for 25 years of mortgage payments. And it probably will remain within plan - unless I win the lotto - but I seldom play. I have found work that I love - problem is that it’s not yet profitable – hoping it will be. I am learning to be an entrepreneur and since I also love that word, I definitely want to be one. I always live each day as if it where my last, in the sense that I try to cover all items on my daily long-lists-of-things-to-do. I am sort of living like “If I don’t arrange this two drawers today and tomorrow I die, what will happen then?” I definitely have to work on this item of the list. Leafy greens. I’m on it – I bought a big bag of kale and I will consume tonight. Drinking more water. It’s hard but I’m on it too. Sleep longer. Impossible. I will pretend I never saw this on the list. Heal my wounds? I will start identifying where they lie, I will get back to this on an entry - with more information at hand -  soon.

In the meantime,
I hope the year of the dragon collaborates with my projects as I definitely hope it collaborates with all of you and your projects. 

I also plan to fill more of my days with people and things that give me good energy - especially during the winter – we all need it from January to March because there’s little daylight, nasty wind, low temperatures and probably snow.

Let’s keep wellness in focus, for our own sanity, 
During the year of the dragon.
Let’s at least try.

(And in my to-do list, also find good synonym for the word seldom)



1 comment:

  1. Gran año para ti. Que todos los proyectos, sobre todo literarios, se cumplan. ¡A escribir, a escribir!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.