Writing and writing and writing



I just received this letter from my NYU teacher:

Sofia, please send me a snail envelope with 10-20 pages of your project and a Table of Contents.

Once I receive the envelope and the confirmation from Lorraine, we can set up our first F2F for the 1st week of February and plan-out the schedule for the rest of the term.

My snail address is:  ______________________.

All best,

CB

I just had a panic attack.
I've never had so many deadlines in my life and I worked in advertising for many years.
I might not be able to sleep for the rest of the month and that’s ok.
I have tons of La Colectiva work, endless columns to deliver and now back to school with my personal project.

This day – today – marks the official beginning of Slap running against time in order to make this book submission (20 pages) in one week.
Motherhood and other stories of terror.
K by the way, hates the title –

I say the title like the book, it’s work in progress.
And also, me – the writer – like the book, I am a work in progress.
Always hoping to be better and smarter.
Because everything and everyone needs a little editing here and there.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.