Santa Claus is coming to town?



I better get into the holiday spirit.
And I better do it fast.
Or else, I will have a nervous breakdown next time I hear “winter wonderland”
Which happens every day, at every hour, at every local in this city.
It’s insane.

I know this is an ongoing subject of mine – every December - but I really I’m curious, do people actually enjoy listening to these holiday songs?

And as far as businesses management goes - Does this music actually ignite some sort of compulsive shopping behavior?
It must, for every coffee place in the city and every other store, plays them songs.
And those poor employees are probably feeling suicidal by the end of the month.

I hate Holiday music.
And I hate it even more now that I'm in country arrest.
I can’t leave the United States of America for the time being - due to our green card process. And I am feeling a bit ambiguous about the whole thing, since getting a green-card has been a wish of mine for many years, but being unable to leave the country makes me feel claustrophobic, to say the least.

Not only that but I was looking forward to insanity and a very stressed holiday season with all of my family in Mexico. I wanted the fights, the drama, the nostalgia from the past, the craziness and fury of the present. All of it, I really wanted it all.The food. The "too salty" bacalao, Eva’s romeritos, My aunt’s turkey filling, my grandma’s favorite ravioli and of course my Mom's dessert table.

But no.
We will spend Christmas here in NYC.
So we better make the most of it.
And I better start getting into the Spirit of the holidays – without the singing – of course.
Hoping on that Christmas-Friggin-Shiny-Star that our fucking green cards arrive in the mail by the end of the month.

Then - I will actually believe again – that Santa Claus has come to town.






No comments:

Powered by Blogger.