My friend's visit (chronicles of withdrawal).


My friend P came to visit us last weekend.

She got here on Thursday and left very early on Monday, so she was able to get a little taste of my life. Beginning with the nightmare of doing homework with Juliana and ending with another nightmare - Diego’s bottle withdrawal – oh yes.

I've heard stories of how hard it is to kick heroin, and now I can seriously compare such feeling with that of a two-year-old trying to kick the milk-bottle-in-bed habit.
This “mono” is still going on by the way. And now it’s been 3 days.
Juliana and I have been sleeping very few hours – as is Diego - and the three of us have very noticeable dark circles under our eyes.
My little boy wakes up every 40 minutes crying and moaning – it’s painful to see him in such throes of withdrawal - But I had to do it. 
It was time.

Of course I am a genius, when it comes to choosing the right time to do things like this.
Why don’t we make Diego quit this habit while… let’s see, our home is being remodeled, my Mom’s apartment is occupied, which is right about the time when my friend will be visiting NY and we’ll all be staying together at a nearby hotel in a tiny-boat-sized-room.
Perfect, let’s just do it then.

P told me she was amazed at how hard I work with my kids, with my life.
She also told me she was proud of me and that she now understands why wine is mandatory after putting the kids to bed (and sometimes also during homework).

It means a lot to me to hear P say these things, especially because being a young, single, successful, sans-kids woman, she wasn't really supposed to leave NY exhausted - it was supposed to be her little vacation.
In any case, I don’t think she will be coming back any time soon.
She might head to the beach - with adult company only - next time.
Good for her.

Thank you for coming P.
We are terribly sorry for waking you up every morning around 6.





No comments:

Powered by Blogger.