Laughter chronicles...


Regular people like me and my dear friends - whom make me feel closer to normal (thank God) - we get sad from time to time, there’s really no escape from it as there's no escape from our lives.

And some of us are pretty bad about pretending everything is ok in the midst of world collapse.

I usually am good at keeping things into perspective, like the “I am healthy and my kids are healthy so its all good” kind of mindset, but let’s get real, it isn’t.

And when a friend tries to help out by saying someone she knows is dying of cancer and "so he has problems and you don’t" she isn’t helping.
It’s more like, thanks friend, now not only I still have my problems but I am also terribly depressed about the news of a man whom I don’t know who’s dying from cancer.
Here’s the thing, I am very good at carrying around my bags plus everyone else’s. So if you know me well please don’t share other people’s tragedies to diminish my own – for I won’t be able to sleep that night – or the next.

In any case,
Here’s what we can do for each other my dear friend who has regular problems like my own.
Let’s laugh. Let’s get a fucking drink, eat something really good and laugh.
Let’s mock each other. And mock the rest.
Let’s take our tragedies and compare who has the shittier life right now.  Let’s fight for our lives laughing while we are drowning in quicksand.

My dear friend was so anxious that she took a weird pill her doctor prescribed, when we met that morning for coffee she was almost comatose.
I said, “go vomit that thing right now and bring back my crazy friend who talks at regular speed...”

Next day, anxious again but no pill intake, she was able to cope with sake and a damn good laugh.
Tomorrow and the day after she will be anxious again and I will be anxious with her and we'll simply have to wait until happy hour if things really get bent out of shape.

But here’s the thing,
We have each other and damn we are funny.
We can make each other laugh. How lucky is that?
And none of us are dying of cancer today, so hell… that’s pretty good news.



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.