I hate Goodbyes.


I don’t really like goodbyes.
In fact, I hate goodbyes.

So I usually put goodbyes off until it’s absolutely necessary.
I just want to hang on as long as possible.
I’m saying a lot of goodbyes these days because people are moving away from NY.
I feel sad and I have a big hole in my stomach.

I didn’t say goodbye to Brown - in reality - she didn’t say goodbye to me.
But I understand. She was also sad.
I had one more horrible goodbye to deal with, but she had to close a full year chapter.
Not easy.
So here is my goodbye for Brown, in a Billy Joel song that I just listened to - by accident - and made me cry with big and noticeable tears, in the middle of a public space.

(Brown te voy a extrañar perro...)

Movin' on is a chance that you take
Any time you try to stay together
Whoa
Say a word out of line
And you find that the friends you had
Are gone forever
Forever

So many faces in and out of my life
Some will last
Some will just be now and then
Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes
I'm afraid it's time for goodbye again
Say goodbye to Hollywood
Say goodbye to my baby
Say goodbye to Hollywood
Say goodbye to my baby



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.